Wilson Commencement Park's Early Learning Center (ELC), provides high quality care and early childhood education to children aged 6-weeks to 12-years, so that they may develop to their highest potential. Pre-academic skills appropriate to the child's developmental level are introduced in an environment of play, group activities, and academic enrichment.
Located at 251 Joseph Ave. and open to the public, our program is committed to multicultural education. This means we share a commitment to human rights, dignity of the individual and social justice.
We strive to create a program that truly reflects the lives of our children, families, staff, and community. By recognizing the impact culture plays on families, we will make every effort to provide culturally responsive child care by affirming human differences and the right of people to make choices about their own lifestyle. We seek to recognize, appreciate, and respect the uniqueness of each child and their family. Parents are always welcome at the ELC and parental involvement is strongly encouraged.
To learn more about the ELC, call 585-263-7930 to schedule a tour today!
You can also begin the registration process by clicking on the links below.
Click this image to take a virtual tour of some of our Early Learning Center classrooms.
The ELC offers:
• Affordable child care for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
• Open enrollment to all Rochester children.
• Educational enrichment for children ages 5-12 with emphasis on Highscope™ Accelerated Reading and Math curricular.
• Universal Pre-Kindergarten, funded by Rochester City Schools and offered by certified teachers.
• School-age tutoring that operates continuously during the school year.
• On-site Telemedicine program for early diagnosis and treatment of common childhood illnesses and routine dental screenings.
• Camp Ventures, a literacy-based, summer camp experience where children have fun while keeping their minds stimulated.