Our residents are Living for Change, and you can help them achieve it!
WCP offers many opportunities for individuals, businesses, schools, faith-based organizations, and partnering non-profit agencies to get involved in our mission. Whether you are interested in volunteering, mentoring, leading a professional seminar, working with young children and teens, or organizing family-focused events, we welcome your support.
If you cannot volunteer your time but want to make a contribution, we encourage you to support the following programs. These programs help our families break the cycle of dependency and effect positive change in their lives and the lives of their children:
Communiversity: Life Skills Academy™
• Life-skills programs that help the heads of our families establish and achieve personal, academic and professional goals as well as connect with their children, commit to healthier and more productive lifestyles, become financially independent and secure permanent housing.
The Early Learning Center
• Enriching and gender-fair early childhood education that includes day-long care for children aged six weeks to 12 years, a Universal Pre-Kindergarten program, and specialized curricula for helping low-income, high-risk children become “school ready.” The ELC incorporates creative expression, exercise, and healthy nutrition into its programs, schedules regular field trips to area museums and amusement parks, and offers a summer camp experience.
High Scope Accelerated Reading & Math
• A structured curricula introduced to all Preschool-aged children to ensure that their reading comprehension and math skills are at age-appropriate levels or higher before starting school.
The Book Carnival
• A day when parents can buy new reading materials for their children at reduced cost. Meanwhile, children experience the fun and stimulation of reading by choosing new books to own while also enjoying storytelling, healthy snacks, and entertainment courtesy of Roscoe the Clown.
• We know that early diagnosis and treatment of common childhood illnesses helps children return to school sooner and stems the spread of contagious diseases such as chicken pox and measles. Thanks to our ability to diagnose and treat children on-site, our Telemedicine program also enables parents to stay at work and avoid losing time and wages. The program must be administered by a full-time staff member with technical training and medical knowledge.